2012 was, quite bluntly, one of the best years of my life. All the goodness:
- Landed a great new job in March.
- Celebrated 16 years of marriage in September.
- Moved into our first house, beautiful and brand new like we always wanted.
- Marked two and a half years alcohol-free.
- Spent an entire year cigarette-free for the first time since I was a teenager.
- Lost ~50 pounds and went from a size 16 to a size 6.
- Ran three races (one 5K and two 10Ks).
- Ran for 100 days in a row (as of Thursday 1/3).
- Ran ~625 miles (560 today on Daily Mile plus some unlogged stuff from spring/early summer, so this is a very close estimate).
- Joined tumblr and found a whole new world of writing, humor, inspiration, support and friendship.
- Finally became my own person in the kitchen, relying almost solely on my own recipes, instincts and continual self-education.
Goals for 2013:
- Run 1250 miles.
- Run two half marathons and a full marathon.
- Create dozens of new quick, healthy, delicious recipes for weekly menu planning options.
- Read more.
- Listen more.
- Nurture my old friendships more.
- Let go of my rage and practice compassion and acceptance to improve my relationship with my mom.
- Pay off all the purchases we put on credit for the new house.
- Stay happy, healthy and fit.